Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year.

The beginning of every year causes people to analyze where they are at in their lives and where they want to be.  I feel like I do this about once a month.  So my New Year's resolution is to keep working on my goals and reviewing them to stay inspired.

I rung in the New Year with dear friends and a toast of Campaign.  (I loaded up on pasta before heading over to insure a great morning today!  More on that in a moment...)  However, I'm not keeping the tradition of Black Eyed Peas for good luck in the new year.  It was never a tradition that I liked - eating one pea to make my mom happy when I was kid.  


 
I've really been craving fish but didn't want to go to the store to pick anything up - so canned tuna and pasta were the answer to my New Years Eve dinner.
  • Cook pasta according to directions.
  • Thinly slice garlic into slivers.  (I used three or maybe four cloves - but you'll learn that I don't ever believe you can have too much garlic!)
  • Heat extra-virgin olive oil in a saute pan.  Add the garlic.  Let cook until golden brown and the wonderful smell is wafting in the air.
  • Add capers, Kalamata olives, anchovies (which I did not have, but would have been the final touch to the sauce) and tomatoes.  (I used a can of whole tomatoes and squished as I added to the pan - but fresh tomatoes would be lovely too.)
  • Add a splash of red wine (and pour yourself a glass!)
  • Season with salt and pepper to taste.  (I didn't add any salt as I figured the sauce had plenty of salty ingredients.)
  • Let cook down while the pasta finishes cooking.
  • Add canned tuna and fresh parsley last.
  • Enjoy!


Since I was cooking for myself - I stored the sauce without the tuna and parsley that I'll add last second when I warm up for lunch today.



I gave the excess tuna fish juice to my cats - they were extremely happy.  And I was too!

Happy New Year!  I hope the best for everyone in 2010.

LT

No comments:

Post a Comment