Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Sea Bass with Aspargus and Broccoli


On Sunday, we had our going away party (my roommate is going to New York City a week after I leave).  It was nice to see everyone and say some of our final farewells.  However, there was also a lot of - what are you doing Friday?  I'll meet you there...  So it didn't really hit me that I was leaving.  Yesterday (Monday) was my last day at work.  When I was walking away from the office with my big bag of everything from desk it hit me that there wasn't any going back now.  I'm so ready for my adventure that I don't want to go back anyway.  Soon my backyard will be this:


I love a good piece of fish.  I don't eat it very often - mostly because I live no where near an ocean and I get nervous cooking it.  This piece of Sea Bass was singing out to me when I walked by the seafood counter the other night.  I looked at almost every sea bass recipe online (and there really aren't very many of them).  I decided to bake it with some spices (based on this recipe) so the flavor of the fish could come through. I roasted some asparagus and broccoli as a simple side.  


I seasoned with what I had - garlic powder, paprika, pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice.  Bake this at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.  (If we had a grill, I would've grilled it - but we don't have a back patio.)


I added the asparagus and broccoli on a second pan. 


While the fish baked, I sauteed some garlic and butter together.  Drizzle this and some olive oil on the fish when you pull it out of the oven.


This was a simple dinner that was so satisfying.  I don't know if I've ever had sea bass before, but it's really great fish that didn't dry out during the baking process.  A simple side compliments the fish without taking away to much from the flavor of the fish.


I will miss then when I'm gone...  Happy cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment