Monday, January 2, 2012

New Year's Resolution.

I always love having a new year's resolution but I've had the same one for the last few years - to have better posture.  I do have better posture now (still not wonderful but I'm conscious of it so it's much improved)!  That being said I've been trying to think of something for 2012 that would inspire my creative juices in the relm of photography.

I've varied up a lot of my work recently - with photographing at my mom's town and doing more black and white.  However, I really wanted to do something out of my comfort zone so the perfect idea is to take a self portrait once a day (albeit a day late for 2012).   (It's not my original idea - it's from Flickr's Project 365s that were super popular a few years ago.  I've been looking at all of Lauren Lemon's photos from her project in 2009 as well as other photographers she mentions as inspiration.  I want to learn what I'm doing instead of hoping that the good luck I've had with my camera just continues by some miracle.)

I hate taking pictures of myself or even have other people take pictures of me.  I've been trying to be better about it (with Graham's help) but I just feel awkward.  I feel awkward when I take pictures of other people - like I don't know what I'm doing.  This should help me take better pictures of other people since I'm practicing on myself.

I already had the idea of taking a self-portrait (with Graham) every day we were on the Appalachian Trail just for shits and giggles.  I won't be able to upload them daily (or probably even until the end of the trail am I going to get around to doing anything with them) but I will save them all during my 6 month hiatus and overload everyone when it's done.

Of course, I came up with the idea while lounging in bed already ready to close my eyes for the night.  So that's what I photographed:

001/365


No comments:

Post a Comment