Thursday, January 5, 2012

A Big Fat Thank You!

I had a rather strange and wonderful dream last night.  I was camping on my dad's lawn when I decided to go for a walk.  On my walk, I ran into (almost) all of my old high school/junior high really good friends - some of them were as they are now (aka older) and some of them were as they were then (aka younger).

The thing is that I've always moved a lot as a kid so my group of friends was constantly changing, but I actually stayed in the same place during those cruitial years.  Not that my best friend at the start of junior high was still my number one at the end of high school - but I was still friends with them.  I still see their feeds on Facebook and am glad at their success and happiness.

I had a heart to heart conversation (in my dream) with almost all of them, especially Kelly (my junior high best friend - you know the one that "you will always love like a sister...").  She gave me a giant hug and told me that she was proud of me.  Even if it was just a dream, I feel very thankful this morning to every friend whom I've ever had that has helped shape me into the strong and independent woman that I am today.

004/365
P.S.  I have been awesome about keeping up with my self-portrait-a-day (even if this only day 4!).  Take a look on Flickr.

No comments:

Post a Comment