Tuesday, June 14, 2011

June showers bring July flowers.



Spring is finally starting to hit the high country here in Yellowstone.  I live at the highest elevation that holds a hotel in the park – at just a little over 8,700 feet.  That’s not to say that it’s warm or nice weather – in fact, it’s been rather chilly and rainy for the last few days.  It’s ok though because rain means that the snow is melting!  That means that we will be able to hike up in this area soon!

Everyone around here seems to be a little bit more on edge because we can’t get out and hike.  I finally did a yoga session when I got home from work today (It’s my Friday! WHOO!) and I feel so much better – relaxed.



I’ve forgotten the amount of stress that I used to carry on my shoulder’s daily when I was living in Chicago.  I am able to get lost in things other than my work – and I relish in that fact. I’m going camping in a couple of nights (and there is supposed to be a Lunar eclipse!), which makes me excited that my life has gone down the path that some might say is the less traveled path. 

I am thankful that I am surrounded by the beautiful Earth and friends whom I love dearly.  I just wish that the snow had already seeped into the Earth to provide food for the flowers I’m so looking forward to seeing as we hike by. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm so happy that you're happy and relaxed! I'm jealous that you can act on your free spirit... mine is tied down here, which really isn't all that bad I suppose. It's people like you who keep that part of me alive and well. :)

    ReplyDelete